Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome to the SA LP Tech Support Fort WikiEdit
Tech Support and other advice for Let's Plays from Something Awful's LP subforum.
LPing is Serious Business. It also involves a lot of technical things. What encoding method should I use? What programs are useful, and how the hell can I record my console games to make some sweet, sweet LPs? These, and many other questions are what the Tech Support Fort is for. Want to know whether Windows Movie Maker will cut it? We have a section on that! Want to learn the arcane arts of AviSynth, so you can be a real LP Superstar like the goons who wrote this? Yup, we have that too!
Take a brief poke around, and see if you learn anything new. If you have, then the TSF has done its job!
Once this is done, this is where we'll be puttin' a basic table o' contents. For now, here's what we have so far.
- Recommended Hardware - Recommended reading, as you'll need at least one type of thing in here!
- Recommended Software - Also recommended, because you can't record/edit without this stuff!
- Baldurk's Workflow Diagram - A useful image that helps improve your LP workflow in general.
- Video Guides - For editing and encoding your videos,
- Audio Guides - Help for working with your audio.
- AviSynth Tutorials - Because while AviSynth is hella powerful, sometimes you need a bit of a hand with it.
- Porting Guides - For moving stuff from one program or format to another.
- Hosting Options - Where to host your lovely LP.
Want to help out? Check out the guide move status for guides that have yet to be copied over to the wiki.
- Youtube Encoding Guidelines
edited by A Fandom user
Summary: The Short Version:
- Talk:AviSynth Basics
new comment by Xenoveritas
Comment: You want to Loop a single frame for the duration you want to freeze. There's also FreezeFrame which might sound like it's exactly what you want but...
- Nvidia ShadowPlay
edited by Xenoveritas
Summary: Some updates to the status of the bugs being worked around